Thank You Dear Kitty
It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”
Thank you to my dear friend at Dear Kitty.Some Blog for nominating OnTheRoad Bookclub for the prestigious award of Blog of the Year 2012. I am truly honoured to accept this award – the first star – because it has been granted to me by a remarkable blogger friend. Dear Kitty is building an impressive brand with content that focuses on human rights and environmental concerns. Her posts inspire, even challenge, readers to take a stand for justice and decency. With every post, and every comment, she is a light shining in the dark places. I strongly suggest that you visit her blog and join the dialogue. Together, we can be a positive influence for the good of humanity.
One last thought on awards before going to the rules.
In my travels throughout the blogging community, I have concluded that the posts that draw the most “likes” and comments are the “Award” posts. After these posts, there appears to be a “bump” in followers. My conclusion is that awards build our communities and circles of influence through introductions. What better way to form new friendships.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
There are many blogs that have become my “stars.” Please accept my kind regards without any obligation. This is my thanks for being an inspiration to me on my blogging journey.
I look forward to our ongoing journey…
“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavours to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.”
Henry David Thoreau